If you feel like tasting different kinds of cookies and experiment with all kinds of flours you will love these cookies with whole-grain buckwheat flour this cookies made with whole-grain buckwheat flour. Of course, like every single cookie, they’re perfect for breakfast, mid-evening or as a present.
I have to explain that this recipe it’s not suitable for gluten allergies, we will use all purpose flour too with the buckwheat flour. I promise I will keep experimenting and baking and if I discover nice new gluten free recipes I will share, but I know there are some specialized gluten free blogs doing an amazing job.
As we all expect on good cookies they will have loads of nuts and chocolate. In this case I added walnuts, pistachios and cacao nibs to give them a crunchy texture, I used this nuts because they were on my pantry, but any nuts you will choose will be perfect, and of course, cacao nibs are optional.
¿What’s the difference with other cookie recipes?
Obviously the flavor it’s different from all purpose flavor cookies, and in this recipe the texture is chewy and softer than other cookie recipes I published, like on this chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Personally, I love dark chocolate on cookies, but you know, if you prefer milk chocolate feel free to change it, or even add half and half, you will always win this way!
To bake this cookies I inspired myself in many traditional American cookies like this Amish Chocolate Chip Cookies from Amish Heritage.
- 1/2 cup Dark light sugar
- 2/3 cup White sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Whole-grain buckwheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 + 1/4 cup Chocolate Corasly chopped
- 2/3 cup Walnuts and pistachios
- 1 teaspoon Cacao nibs
- Mix in a bowl the dark light sugar, white sugar, vanilla and the room temperature butter, using a mixer or by hand, until smooth.
- Add 1 egg and 1 yolk and mix again.
- Use another recipient to mix all your dry ingredients: all purpose flour, whole-grain buckwheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Incorporate your dry ingredients to the batter and mix it until you will have a perfect cookie dough, do not overmix.
- Add now, using a spatula, the chopped chocolate and nuts (in my case I chose walnuts, pistachios and cocoa nibs).
- Cool the cookie dough into the fridge for at least two hours, this way will be easier to form your cookies.
- Preheat your oven 180º Celsius (360º Fahrenheith).
- Place your cookies in a cookie tray or using baking paper on our oven tray. To from the cookies you can use an ice cream spoon, it will help you forming perfect size cookies.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on your oven, until your cookies brown.
- Let your cookies cool over a rack.
- Let’s enjoy your cookies!
Is not compulsory to cool your cookie dough for two hours before baking, but it’s gonna be easier having perfect looking cookies after baking.
If you want to frece your cookies I recommend you to do ir before baking, you can form some cookie “balls” and freeze them to bake them on the right moment (and we all now, any moment it’s perfect to bake some chocolate cookies).