Tiramisu is the Italian dessert recipe that never fails, easy to prepare and delicious. Thinking about summer days I have prepared an eggless tiramisu and with layers of Nutella, which combines great with coffee, in addition to the traditional savoiardis and mascarpone that can never miss an authentic tiramisu.
Why an eggless variation of Italian tiramisu?
This time I have made this tiramisu without eggs and with Nutella, as a “non-traditional” recipe for this dessert, as a very rich and valid option if you do not dare to use raw eggs in your recipe because you are going to travel or as a summer option for hot days.
Of course, it has sponge cake or savoiardi, coffee, cream and mascarpone, nothing can go wrong, in fact, it is the tiramisu served in many restaurants that do not dare to use the real thing.
Layers of Nutella in our tiramisu recipe
I just tell you one thing, this is the first time I’ve been asked if I can order a dessert tray, let’s see if this is going to be the beginning of the business of custom-made snacks and I don’t even know it!
If you love Nutella, or have children for dessert, go for the Nutella layers on the tiramisu, you will definitely enjoy them.
Suitable for egg allergies
It is a dessert suitable for people intolerant or allergic to eggs, but be careful! you must use egg-free biscuits or cookies, because the savoiardi or traditional biscuits contain eggs.
To have a completely egg free recipe you must check the Savoyard or ladyfinger cookie recipe very carefully.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED TO PREPARE THIS TIRAMISU WITHOUT EGGS?
-Biscuits or savoiardi. If you dare with the homemade recipe I leave the link, otherwise they are sold in almost all supermarkets.
-Mascarpone, Italian cheese found in the dairy fridge.
-Coffee, of course it can be decaffeinated if you prefer.
-Whipping cream, which has at least 33% fat content.
-Nutella or your favorite chocolate cream, this ingredient is optional, but if you feel like trying a tiramisu with chocolate it is great.
-Marsala, Baileys or your favorite liqueur, this ingredient is also completely optional, but if you mix a little liqueur with the coffee, it will improve your recipe.
- 1 Tray For 6 people
- 8 Medium glasses
- 1 Whisk Or food processor
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 16-20 uds Savoiardi
- 3 cups Whipping cream More than 33% fat
- 2 cups Mascarpone cheese
- 6 tbsp White sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 cup Coffee
- 1/2 cup Baileys or liqueur to taste Optional
- 1 cup Nutella Optional
- Cocoa powder To decorate
- We start by preparing a coffee and letting it cool down. If desired, it can be decaffeinated coffee.
- We prepare whipped cream by mixing the sugar and cream with a whisk until we get a creamy texture. It is advisable to use a cold container, so it will be easier for the cream to whip.
- When you can see the peaks of the whisk in the cream, you can move on to the next step.
- Soften the mascarpone cheese with the help of a fork in a bowl. It is important to get a creamier texture before adding it to the whipped cream.
- With the help of a spatula, add the whipped cream to the mascarpone cheese and add (optional) 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla essence. We mix until we have our mascarpone cheese cream.
- Mix the coffee we set aside with marsala liquor, Baileys or our favorite liqueur (adding liqueur is optional, but it gives a great flavor).
- Soak the savoiardi or sponge cakes in the coffee and begin to assemble our eggless tiramisu layers.
- To add the Nutella layers you can use a piping bag or a spoon. If the Nutella is at room temperature or slightly warm it will be easier to spread.
- In the tiramisu recipient or tray begin to place alternating layers of savoiardi soaked in coffee, mascarpone cream cheese and Nutella, alternating the layers until ending with a layer of mascarpone cheese.
- Sprinkle with plenty of cocoa powder and serve cold.