Naan with herbs
-60 g warm water.
-580 g all-purpose flour.
-1 tablespoon honey.
-7 g instant dry yeast (or 21 g fresh yeast).
-175 g whole milk.
-2 greek yogurts (200 g).
-80 g melted butter+ 10 g to brush your breads.
-4 g baking powder (like Royal).
-5 g baking powder.
-3 g salt.
-Feta cheese and mozzarella cheese (you choose quantities, but 30 g each are an example).
-2 garlic cloves, crushed.
-1 cup of fresh herbs (I used basil and chive).
-1 pinch of crushed chillies (or 1 + 1/2 if you like them spicy).
- First of all we will dissolve our instant yeast on the warm water. This step won’t be necessary if we use fresh yeast.
- In a bowl we mix all the ingredients: milk, greek yogurts, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the warm water, yeast and honey to the mixture and start kneading your bread. The bread should be sticky.
- Form a ball and let it rise for an hour covered with plastic film, or overnight into the fridge.
- Prepare the filling mixing fresh herbs, crushed garlic, crushed chillies and cheese. If you have blender or robot this step will be easier.
- Divide the dough into 6-8 portions. Roll every piece of the dough and fill ir with the herbs and cheese.
- Close every bread like you would close an envelope and roll it gently again.
- Prepare and skillet with some olive oil and brush every naan bread with butter and cook them 1 minute and flip the bread to cook it for another minute. There will be bubbles on the bread surface and it will be golden.
- Once each bread will be cook, brush it with some melted butter. The texture will be crunchy and soft in the inside.
- You can decorate your naan with some chive and herbs and enjoy!