Apple cider rolls
-500 g strong flour (like Manitoba, flour 0).
-140 g whole milk + 40 g apple cider (or 180 g milk).
-2 eggs+ 1 egg to brush the rolls.
-5 g instant yeast (or 15 g fresh yeast).
-80 g white sugar.
-1 pinch of nutmeg.
-1 pinch of salt.
-2 small apples, peeled and chopped.
-120 g white chocolate.
-50 g butter.
-100 g confectioner’s sugar.
-1 tablespoon milk.
-1 pinch of vanilla.
1. First of all if you use instant yeast you can dissolve it on 10 g of warm water and let it rest while you prepare the rest of the ingredients (If so, you can reduce 10 g the milk on the recipe)
2. Prepare your dry ingredients: strong flour, salt, sugar, nutmeg and orange zest.
3. We start kneading the mixture and we can add bit by bit the milk, cider, 2 eggs and yeast. We will keep kneading until the dough pull away from your hands or the sides of the mixer gently (15 minutes it’s not too much kneading).
4. Let the dough rest in a bowl for 1 hour covered with plastic film or a wet cloth at room temperature or overnight into the fridge.
5. Once the dough rested we can knead it gently with our hands and extend it on two rectangles (around 25x40 cm).
6. Brush your rectangles with melted butter and add the apple chopped in small pieces and the white chocolate. I didn’t add more sugar because white chocolate it’s sweet enough for me, but you can add if you prefer a sweeter filling.
7. Roll your rectangles pressing them until you have two cylindric droughts. Now you can cut the dough into 5 cm sections and place them on your rectangular baking molds or cupcake molds if you prefer to bake them individually with some space between rolls to let them rise. You will have to train with 8-9 apple cider rolls each. Do not worry if it’s not easy to cut the rolls, it’s normal with apple filling.
8. Let them rest covered again for 1 hour room temperature or overnight into the fridge.
9. Now you can let them at room temperature while you preheat your oven, brush them with egg and let your rolls bake for 15-20 minutes at 180 degrees.
10. Remove your rolls from the oven and let them cool.
11.If we like sugar frosting we can prepare it and cover with it our apple cider rolls before enjoying them.