-200 g butter, room temperature.
-100 g confectioner’s sugar.
-3 egg yolks + 1 egg.
-200 g all-purpose flour.
-300 g cornstarch.
-5 g baking powder (like Royal).
-Lemon or lime zest.
-1 pinch of salt.
-1 pinch of vanilla.
1. First we will mix the butter, room temperature, and the confectioner’s sugar until we have a smooth texture.
2. Now we can add an egg, 3 egg yolks, vanilla extract and lime or lemon zest and mix all the ingredients
3. Next we will incorporate the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, cornstarch, salt and baking powder.
4. Once we have all the ingredients perfectly incorporated we can use plastic wrap or baking paper to store our dough into the fridge. Press your dough not to break it and let it cool for 1 hour.
5. Once our dough is cool we can cut our alfajores with our rolling pin and a biscuit cutter. You can preheat our oven meanwhile.
6. Bake our alfajores at 180 degrees around 10-15 minutes. You will need two oven trays if you bake the whole recipe. You can switch the trays position after 6 minutes.
7. You must be very carefully when moving your alfajores on the rack to let them cool. You can wait some minutes before this step.
8. Fill the alfajores with chocolate and hazelnut cream or dulce de leche and enjoy.